Stargazing Spanish translator Inés has been one of our go-to resources for Spanish since 2012
Fact sheet, Inés:
– Main areas of translation work: Software localisation (mainly games and apps), marketing copy, tourism, educational material, nutrition and recipes, NGOs, and e-commerce.
– Inés’ translation quirks: Inés tries to not translate everything in huge chunks of time, but rather intersperses a few hours of translation with different activities, to be able to keep her mind and writing skills constantly refreshed.
– Capacity per day or week: It highly depends on the type of text, as a list of terms is vastly different from, say, a blog post. But Inés averages 2500-3000 words a day.
– Hobbies: In her spare time, Inés collaborates with her local astronomy group, and occasionally goes stargazing. When not sitting in front of a computer, she also likes to go for long walks and play board games.
– A fun fact about Inés: Apart from living in Spain, where she currently resides, Inés has also lived in Austria, England, Norway and Germany.
Would you like to work as a freelance translator for us? Please use the form here if so. Note that we require at least 2 years’ translation experience, and more often than not, a translation qualification as well.